CompTIA-SY0-601-Security+ Training Overview
The threats of the digital age are rapidly evolving as more businesses become reliant on technology to manage day-to-day activities. Hiring professionals with cybersecurity certifications and credentials are integral to protecting information movement and storage. In turn, this protects the integrity of the business and allows businesses to maintain a competitive edge.
CompTIA is a leader in the global information technology ecosystem. Their CompTIA security+ certification is an ideal course for professionals looking to build the skills needed to fortify an organization's activities across business size, industry, or location. Check out the dates below to enroll in this CompTIA SY0-601 Security+ course today.
- Compare and contrast different types of social engineering techniques.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators to determine the type of attack.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with application attacks.
- Given a scenario, analyze potential indicators associated with network attacks.
- Explain different threat actors, vectors, and intelligence sources.
- Explain the security concerns associated with various types of vulnerabilities.
- Summarize the techniques used in security assessments.
- Explain the techniques used in penetration testing.
- Explain the importance of security concepts in an enterprise environment.
- Summarize virtualization and cloud computing concepts.
- Summarize secure application development, deployment, and automation concepts.
- Summarize authentication and authorization design concepts.
- Given a scenario, implement cybersecurity resilience.
- Explain the security implications of embedded and specialized systems.
- Explain the importance of physical security controls.
- Summarize the basics of cryptographic concepts.
- Given a scenario, implement secure protocols.
- Given a scenario, implement host or application security solutions
- Given a scenario, implement secure network designs.
- Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
- Given a scenario, implement secure mobile solutions.
- Given a scenario, apply cybersecurity solutions to the cloud.
- Given a scenario, implement identity and account management controls.
- Given a scenario, implement authentication and authorization solutions.
- Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure.
- Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool to assess organizational security.
- Summarize the importance of policies, processes, and procedures for incident response.
- Given an incident, utilize appropriate data sources to support an investigation.
- Given an incident, apply mitigation techniques or controls to secure an environment.
- Explain the key aspects of digital forensics.
- Compare and contrast various types of controls.
- Explain the importance of applicable regulations, standards, or frameworks that impact organizational security posture.
- Explain the importance of policies to organizational security
- Summarize risk management processes and concepts.
- Explain privacy and sensitive data concepts in relation to security
- It is recommended professionals have a minimum of 24 months or two years of experience in networking support and IT administration.
- Candidates must also know how to use basic network terminology and functions along with an understanding of TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools.
The CompTIA Security+ online course teaches the fundamental principles of installing and configuring cybersecurity controls and participating in incident response and risk mitigation. The course prepares you to take the CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 exam by offering 100% coverage of learning objectives and examples listed on the official syllabus.
Completing this CompTIA Security+ course allows participants to fulfill partial prerequisites to study for more advanced IT security qualifications, including CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA)+, CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP), and ISC's CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
Key Features of CompTIA-SY0-601-Security+ Certification Training Course
- 5-day Instructor-led CompTIA Security+ Training
- Get access to a free 1-hour CompTIA Security+ course preview to better prepare for the SY0-601 training
- Expert CompTIA Security+ instructors across the globe
- Accredited CompTIA Security+ course material prepared by SMEs
- Get real-life experience through CompTIA lab sessions
- Industry-recognized CompTIA Security+ Course Completion certificate provided
- CompTIA Security+ training provided across 100+ locations globally
Who can take up CompTIA Security+ Training?
Job roles that can take up CompTIA Security+ online training include, but are not limited to:
- IT Administrators
- Security Engineers
- Network Administrators
- Ethical Hackers
- IT Professionals
- Security Consultants
- Penetration Testers
- Cybersecurity Enthusiasts
- Professionals who are looking to understand CompTIA Security+ concepts and best practices
- Individuals looking to sit for the SY0-601 certification exam
Learning Objectives of CompTIA Security+ Certification Training
This CompTIA Security+ online course is the first security certification candidates looking to establish themselves should earn. Course completion, individuals are equipped with the core knowledge required to fulfill a cybersecurity role and provide a strong foundation for aspiring cybersecurity professionals. Having CompTIA Security+ credential helps organizations to adopt best practices with regards to troubleshooting security threats and incorporates best practices for problem-solving which include;
- Assessing the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommending and implement appropriate security solutions
- Operating with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, risk and compliance, principles of governance
- Identifying, responding, and analyzing to security threats and incidents
- Monitoring and securing hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile and IoT
The CompTIA Security+ course covers five modules; threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, identity and access management, architecture and design (1), architecture and design (2) and risk management. The objectives of this course include being able to;
- Identify strategies developed by hackers to attack networks and deploy countermeasures to defend
- Understand the principles of enterprise security and what goes into creating effective security policies
- Know the cryptographic and standards that are used across products technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Installing and configuring network and host-based security technologies
- Describing how wireless and remote access security is enforced
- Identifying strategies for ensuring business continuity, disaster recovery, and fault tolerance
- Describing the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communication technologies
- Summarizing application and coding vulnerabilities and identify development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them
Benefits of taking up CompTIA Security+ Training
- Getting CompTIA-SY0-601 Security+ certified is beneficial to both the hiring organization and the professional getting certified.
- CompTIA Security+ is chosen by more corporations and defense organizations than any other certification on the market to validate baseline security skills and for fulfilling the DoD 8570 compliance.
- CompTIA Security+ also proves hands-on skills with its emphasis on practical applications and ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve based on today's complex issues.
- Getting CompTIA Security+ certified is beneficial to individuals in various technology-based roles as cybersecurity skills are helpful to have across system, hardware and software management.
- CompTIA Security+ is also aligned to the latest in cybersecurity trends and techniques.