ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Course Overview
High system performance is a non-negotiable part of today’s applications across all technologies. With more than 750,000 testing certifications issued across the globe, ISTQB has ranked the #1 worldwide certification for software testers and other staff who help eliminate software bugs.
Employers across the globe, across industries, and of various sizes look to hire professionals with an ISTQB certification. This accreditation lets employers know a professional is in possession of the most relevant and up to date skills required to thrive within the software testing industry. They are also quick to identify areas of concern and address the same with precision, efficiency and effectiveness.
Professionals looking to establish themselves as frontrunners in this field should look at completing this ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Certification Training. Check out the dates below to enroll in this ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level course today.
Module 1: Introduction to this Syllabus
Module 2: Basic Concepts
- Purpose of this Document
- The Certified Foundation Level Performance Testing
- Business Outcomes
- Examinable Learning Objectives
- Recommended Training Times
- Entry Requirements
- Sources of Information
Module 3: Performance Measurement Fundamentals
- Principles of Performance Testing
- Types of Performance Testing
- Testing Types in Performance Testing
- The Concept of Load Generation
- Common Performance Efficiency Failure Modes and Their Causes
Module 4: Performance Testing in the Software Lifecycle
- Typical Metrics Collected in Performance Testing
- Aggregating Results from Performance Testing
- Key Sources of Performance Metrics
- Typical Results of a Performance Test
Module 5: Performance Testing Tasks
- Principal Performance Testing Activities
- Categories of Performance Risks for Different Architectures
- Performance Risks Across the Software Development Lifecycle
- Performance Testing Activities
- Analysis, Design and Implementation
- Analyzing Results and Reporting
- Tool Support
- Tool Suitability
There are no formal prerequisites to take up this ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level course. However, it is strongly recommended to have basic computer knowledge in order to pass the training.
This ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level course teaches students knowledge around the 2018 ISTQB performance tester syllabus. This ISTQB course teaches the foundational concepts and techniques for performance testing and reinforces the techniques with relevant exercises. Candidates will learn how to design, implement, conduct, and evaluate as part of performance tests to demonstrate their understanding and capabilities.
Key Features of ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Certification Training Course
- 3-day Instructor-led ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Training
- Get access to a free 1-hour ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level course preview to learn Microsoft Windows 10 OS
- Expert ISTQB instructors across the globe
- Accredited ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level course material prepared by SMEs
- Get hands-on experience through ISTQB Performance Test lab sessions
- Industry-recognized BCS accredited ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Course Completion certificate provided
- ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level training provided across 100+ locations globally
Who can take up ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Training?
Job roles that can take up ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level online training include, but are not limited to:
- IT Professionals
- Testing Professionals
- Test Analysts
- User Acceptance Testers
- Testing Consultants
- Test Engineers
- Software Developers
- Test Managers
- Professionals looking to understand everything about Performance Testing concepts
- Individuals who are looking to sit for the Certified Tester Performance Testing (CT - PT) certification exam
Learning Objectives of ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Training
This ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level course consists of five modules; introduction to the syllabus, performance measurement fundamentals, performance testing in the software lifecycle, and performance testing tasks and tools. The course contains labs that allow students to practically demonstrate the skills learned over the training.
Getting ISTQB certified offers a number of benefits to both the professional sitting the course and the organization hiring them. To the hiring organization, the benefits are as follows;
- Reducing software defects, coding errors, and software bugs
- Build cost savings and ROI
- Speed and improve software development
- Gain global acceptance
- Get practical, everyday use
- Improve employee motivation and retention
- Build a path for software QA skills development
- Gain trust
- Improve cost-effectiveness
- Meet software quality labor needs through upskilling
Benefits of taking up ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level Training
- Businesses often offer professionals with talent the option to receive further training to develop their skillsets.
- This ISTQB-Performance Test Foundation Level training course is a top pick for businesses looking to introduce highly skilled labor into their workforce.
- For professionals choosing to complete the certification on their own, they are aware that employers are quick to select them based on their accreditation.
- This also creates better employment opportunities in more desirable positions with higher starting salaries and better benefits.
- Currently, professionals who hold this certification are able to hold positions like quality assurance engineers.
- The average salary for this position is USD 75,166. The salary range for this position in the United States sits between USD 49,000 and USD 104,000.
The examination is conducted over ninety minutes, with an additional 25% of time afforded to students sitting the examination in a non-native language.
The CT – PT examination covers the following business objectives;
- Understanding the basic concepts of performance efficiency and performance testing
- Defining of performance risks, goals, and requirements to meet stakeholder needs and expectations
- Understanding various performance metrics and how to collect them
- Developing of a performance test plan for achieving stated goals and requirements
- Conceptually designing, implementing and executing basic performance tests
- Analyzing the results of a performance test and stating their implications to various stakeholders
- Explaining the process, rationale, results, and implications of a performance testing to various stakeholders
- Understanding categories and uses for performance tools and criteria for their selection
- Determining how performance testing activities align with the software lifecycle