Professional Scrum Master (PSM) Certification Training
The 2-day Professional Scrum Master(PSM) direction covers the standards and system principle guiding the Scrum framework. This direction combines education and crew-primarily based totally sports and teaches what's on the coronary heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. You will benefit complete expertise of Agile software program improvement methodologies, Scrum Methodology, Application of Scrum, Definition of Done, Scrum in companies and the Role of Scrum Masters. This globally acclaimed study room schooling now no longer most effective improves your belief of control and leadership, however additionally enables you serve your crew in an powerful way.
Why ought to you take ? sixteen PDUs & sixteen SEUs presented via way of means of attending 2-day school room training Career booster for Software Engineer, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Product Manager, QA or comparable roles. The worldwide median revenue for a licensed Professional Scrum Master is $99k in line with annum, in keeping with PayScale.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
Why should you go for PSM Certification Training?A Professional Scrum Master is mainly a quality facilitator for Scrum teams. They can efficiently manage complicated tasks while ensuring a cooperative project atmosphere that promotes productivity and optimizes business value. The PSM is a critical contributor to ensure the achievement of the project success in high-performing Scrum teams. PSM certification therefore validates your understanding of the Agile and Scrum practice.
Who should take this training?The following professionals can go for this course:
- Software Engineers
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Business Analysts
- Quality Analysts
- Development team members
- New/Existing Scrum Masters
- Planning for Scrum Master career
What are the skills that you will be learning with our PSM course?After completing this PSM Certification Training, you should be able to:
- Guide and lead a team of Scrum specialists who bring the benefits of Scrum to projects
- Help the team deliver quality products
- Participate in the team activities with ease and also learn how to own a task
- Gain a deeper knowledge of the fundamental aspects, roles, and attributes of the Scrum framework
- Learn to apply the overall Scrum processes, principles, and practices in an effective manner
- Become a servant leader for Scrum teams that are involved in developing high-end products
What are the pre-requisites for this Course?Pre-requisite:
- There are no prerequisites to attend the Professional Scrum Master training.
- It is advisable to have prior knowledge on Scrum to understand the concepts easily.
Who is a Professional Scrum Master?Professional Scrum Master entitles the position of facilitator to the agile development team. Scrum Methodology has always been centered on the key values that enable the team to self-organize and handle tasks and situations rapidly. The job of the PSM (Professional Scrum Master) is to behave efficiently as a servant leader and facilitator of the Scrum Team by applying Scrum Best Practices, Scrum tools and skillsets to create success.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Professional Scrum Master?A Professional Scrum Master is one who is responsible for managing the processes by understanding the Scrum values and principles. The job role of a PSM involves:
- Helping the team reach consensus at the end of the daily scrum
- Helping the team to understand what can be achieved in a specific time period
- The responsibility to remove obstacles that are hindering his or her team’s progress
- Scrum Master ensures the team doesn’t overcommit while ensuring that the team reached its highest potential.
Which are the top companies that have hired PSM certified professionals globally?Not just software companies but many other industries are looking for Scrum Masters to improve their organizational processes. Here is the list of top industries and companies that have hired Professional Scrum Masters: Information Technology:
- Allstate India
- Goldman Sachs
- Zensar Technologies
- Vodafone India Services Private Limited
- Techstar Software Development India Pvt
- Nokia Siemens Networks Ltd
- France Telecom
- NewWave Telecom & Technologies
- ENGIE Insight
- Rockwell Automation
- Frontier Communications Corporation
- First Tech Federal Credit Union
- Manufacturing companies:
- Applied Materials India Private Limited
- Applied Materials
- Johnson Controls
Should I renew my PSM certification?No, the Professional Scrum Master Certification is valid for a lifetime and therefore does not require you to renew it.
After PSM training within how many days do I need to take the certification exam?Upon completion of your PSM course, you will obtain a personal password from Scrum.org. This password does not have an expiry date and links to a particular site where you can take the test and is only valid for one attempt.
Are the Professional Scrum Master training materials effective in preparing for the PSM exam?Our experienced and highly qualified trainers deliver practical and interactive training program with accurate, clear, and updated materials to help you understand the concepts clearly and pass your PSM exam without much difficulty.
Can I retake the Professional Scrum Master certification test if I fail?After attending the course, you can attempt a PSM test within 14 days and if you do not score at least 85 percent, you will be provided a second try at no price. You can take as many attempts as you need, but you will have to pay the required fee for each fresh attempt.
What is the passing score and the duration of the PSM exam?The passing score for the PSM Exam is 85% and the total duration of the examination is 60 minutes.
What is the process to become a Professional Scrum Master ?The process of becoming a Professional Scrum Master can be explained in the following steps: Step 1: Choose an authorized PSM training provider. Step 2: Enrol for a two-day PSM course and get trained by Certified Professional Scrum Trainers® (PSTs). Step 3: On successful completion of the PSM training, scrum.org will email you the password for exam access which has no-expiration date and is valid only for one attempt. Step 4: Click on the link received from the Scrum Alliance and create your own login credentials. Step 5: Log in to take the online PSM test. The exam consists of 80 MCQs and a time limit of 60 minutes (1 hour). Step 6: You need to answer 68 questions correctly and score 85% to pass the PSM test.
Is the ScrumMaster certification beneficial?The most effective way to become a certified Professional Scrum Master is to attend the PSM course. The advantages include:
- Gain a strong understanding of Scrum knowledge
- Interactive session with the best coaches
- Get recognition across the sector and become an industry-recognized Professional Scrum Master
- Get the certification and get better work chances at the present workplace, as well as new ones.
What do you mean by PDUs and SEUs?PDUs and SEUs are Professional Development Units and Scrum Educational Units, issued by the Project Management Institute and Scrum Alliance, respectively. They can be earned by completing educational training or learning opportunities, which serve to validate your participation and continued proficiency in the principles and practices of Scrum.
Do you provide any training material for PSM certification ?We provide a hard copy of the courseware for our classroom participants.
How many levels of PSM certification are there? Is it necessary to get all the certifications?The Professional Scrum Master Certification Course has three stages of examination PSM I, PSM II and PSM III. Most organizations require PSM I to portray themselves as Scrum Masters. Completing the PSM I level, prepares you better for PSM II certification, since PSM II is more about real-time applications. Completion of the PSM II, makes you better prepared for the PSM III, after which you are ready.
What if I have queries after I complete this course?Your access to the Support Team is for lifetime and will be available 24/7. The team will help you in resolving queries, during and after the course.
What are Batch Shift and Cancellation norms ?This will include registrant application to any of our PSM education partner scheduled public classes, and where the registrant has already paid for the class. The below T&C would not apply to registrants signing up by way of a Purchase Order. All cancellations and reschedules must be notified over email.
- A) CANCELLATIONS / RESCHEDULES BY CUSTOMER
- Cancellations received within 24 hours of registration would be offered a full refund.
- Cancellations received less than 10 days to the training would not be offered a refund. As a courtesy, we could allow you to apply 50% of your payment towards a future training program within one year of the cancellation date.
- Cancellations 1-3 days prior to class and no-shows would not be offered a refund and the amount would not be credited to a future training.
- Reschedules received greater than 15 days to the class would be credited to a future training date.
- Reschedules received less than 10 days would be credited to a future training but with 10% (of standard fee) reschedule charge.
- Registrant substitutions may be made at any time.
- Please note that if you do not cancel or do not attend, you would not be offered a refund nor will the amount be credited to a future training.
- B) CANCELLATIONS / RESCHEDULES BY OUR EDUCATION PARTNER
- Our PSM education partner reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class at any time, including but not limited to, insufficient registrations, classroom or trainer unavailability, or if the trainer could not attend due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our PSM education partner is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to a cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to cancellation penalties owing to transportation or accommodation arrangements.
- Registrants would not be charged for the training and would be offered full credit to a future workshop or full refund as per the wish of the registrant.