Program Management Professional (PgMP)® Overview
Businesses are constantly juggling multiple projects in order to generate revenue. While each project has a dedicated manager, who is responsible for overseeing all projects and ensuring every undertaking is managed with optimization and is moving the business closer to organizational goals? Enter the program manager. A strategic professional whose job is to both oversee and coordinate the various projects a business is undertaking without directly managing them. Professionals with this Program Management Professional (PgMP) from PMI is a highly sought-after credential across industries and businesses of any size. Check out the dates below to enroll for the PgMP certification course today.
Program Management Professional Training – Part 1
Program Management Professional Training – Part 2
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification process overview
- Program Management Foundation Information
- Program Management framework and Life cycle
- Program Definition phase
- Program Strategic alignment
- Program Benefits Management
Program Management Professional Training – Part 3
- Program governance
- Program Stakeholder Engagement
- Program Management Supporting process – Overview
- Definition phase activities of Supporting process
- Program Benefit delivery phase activities of Supporting process
- Program Closure phase activities of Supporting process
- Program Management Applications
- Tips and Tricks
- Sample Exam Questions
The prerequisites for this PgMP course are as follows;
- A Secondary Degree (High school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- Have 48 months of project management experience or PMP
- Have 84 months or program management experience over the last 15 years
- A four-year degree
- 48 months of project management experience or PMP
- 48 months of program management experience over the last 15 years
The Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification training course is the most elite of qualifications offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The PgMP certification offers proof to employers that the professional possesses advanced experience, knowledge, and the necessary skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring organizational objectives are met.
To earn your PgMP credential, you need to have minimum experience, education requirements, and panel review to take up the certification exam from PMI. So, better prepare thoroughly by enrolling yourself in a PgMP exam prep training from an accredited training provider like Koenig Solutions, who has the experience of delivering this training worldwide.
The best way to prepare for the PgMP training would be to go through the PgMP Handbook provided by the PMI, enroll for the training by Accredited Training Partner, understand the exam content outline, take part in a few PgMP sample test papers to test your skills, and finally take up the PgMP certification exam from PMI to gain your PgMP credential.
Key Features of Program Management Professional (PgMP)® Training Course
- 3-day Instructor-led Program Management Professional (PgMP) Training
- Get access to a free 1-hour Program Management Professional (PgMP) course preview to learn Microsoft Windows 10 OS
- Expert PgMP instructors across the globe
- Accredited Program Management Professional (PgMP) course material prepared by SMEs
- Get real-life experience through case study discussions
- Industry acknowledged Program Management Professional (PgMP) course completion certificate provided
- PgMP training provided across 100+ locations globally
Who can take up Program Management Professional (PgMP) Training?
- Job roles that can take up PgMP online training include, but are not limited to:
- Project Managers
- Project Team Leads
- Program Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Aspirant Program Managers
- Aspirant Project Managers
- Aspirant Portfolio Managers
- Business Unit Heads
- Functional Heads
- Heads of Departments
- Project Manager Experts
- Professionals who are looking to gain a complete understanding of managing Programs in an organization
- Professionals looking to clear the PgMP certification examination from PMI
Learning Objectives of PgMP Training Course
The PgMP online course covers the Program Management process from end to end. It is designed to hone skills in six key areas; Governance, Prioritization, Escalation, Resource Management, Benefits, Realization, and Stakeholder Management. PgMP credential holders are known to promote better integration and coordination of multiple projects for the overall benefit of the program.
While completing the PgMP online course, professionals will learn;
- How to use tools and techniques to handle complex multiple related projects
- How to use the Program Lifecycle and its 54 processes, competencies, tools, and techniques with practical sample templates
- How to implement large-scale programs to align with business strategy
- How to maximize project management concepts including resource allocation, budgets, schedules, and risks
- How to implement large-scale programs to align with business strategy
- How to tackle issues faced in large scale project implementation by learning through practical examples
- How to communicate, motivate and hone leadership skills
- How to fulfill organizational vision through project management knowledge
Benefits of taking up PgMP Certification Training
- Professionals looking to give themselves a competitive edge should sit the PgMP course.
- With over 900,000 PMPs and less than 2770 PgMps (as of Feb 2019), the skill set is in high demand.
- The PgMP accreditation helps organizations recognize the ability to introduce the best practices to conduct programs with heightened efficiency and effectiveness in order to provide the best results possible for any organization.
- Better professional prospects around positions and compensation, along with the recognition of being a specialist program manager.
- The average salary for professionals with this certification sits between a range of USD 131,000 and USD 140,000.
Program Management Professional (PgMP) Exam Format
In order to obtain the PMI PgMP certification, there are two parts to the process;
Part 1: Application/Panel Review
The initial evaluation is a panel review and commences once the payment for the certification is received and an audit is completed if your application is selected. A panel of PgMP-certified program managers is put together in order to assess the professional experience of the candidate based on responses to the Program Management Experience Summaries listed on the PgMP application. Once the panel reviews this and offers a green light, candidates are able to sit the exam.
Part 2: The Examination
The second part of the requirements to obtain the PgMP certification is to successfully complete the multiple-choice examination. The exam requires students to demonstrate competence around both situational and scenario-based questions.
The exam consists of 170 multiple choice questions, out of which 20 are not scored as they are considered pretest questions. The exam is completed on a computer and takes roughly four hours to complete.