The growing popularity of Selenium
There are plenty of reasons why Selenium has been consistently rated as being the top testing tools in the market. Selenium is a portable software testing framework for web applications which can be deployed on Windows, Linux and Macintosh platforms. It is versatile and flexible and consists of a suite of web browser automation tools that are used to test applications across many platforms, many languages and many browsers. The fact that it is open source ensures that companies do not have to spend a fortune on licensing costs, another reason why it is widely endorsed by top organizations. All these reasons have not only driven Selenium popularity but have also created a niche market for Selenium professionals who are in much demand for their tool expertise.
Here are some more statistics
- According to a recent survey conducted in 2019 by Katalon and KMS Technology, out of 100 testing tools that were taken into account, 9 out of 10 testers are using Selenium for their test automation.
- Selenium has over 27.4% of the market share of all automation testing tools, which is the largest share held by one single tool.
- Selenium is being considered as the industry standard for user interface automation testing of Web applications.
These statistics prove why more and more people are pursuing the Selenium testing course these days.
Become an expert Selenium professional
Our three day workshop on Selenium Essentials will give you a solid base over Selenium components, Selenium IDE , TestNG framework and Web Driver 2.0. The learning that you acquire from this training will help you to start writing automation test cases for any web application.
Using hands-on examples taken from their personal experience, our trainers will help you understand the key concepts of Selenium and its usage in the market. Participants will leave the workshop with new insights and attitudes, and will be able to apply themselves in the test automation field.
With guided Selenium essentials training you can:
- Equip yourself with the execution speed of Selenium
- Rise up the career ladder with knowledge of Selenium automation testing tools
- Stand a chance to earn an average of $70593 as a Test Automation Engineer with Selenium testing skills
A Selenium Certification is popular among organizations due to the following reasons:
- There are no licensing costs for organizations to use Selenium as it is Open-source.
- Organizations do not need to contact dedicated customer support for their queries, as they will be answered by the open source community for Selenium.
- Hardware consumption during script execution is less for Selenium when compared to other tools.
- Selenium supports a variety of environments like Windows, Linux and Solaris.
- Selenium can be integrated with tools such as TestNG & JUnit seamlessly.
Selenium has taken automation testing by storm and is being widely used by all top-rated organizations. If you have Selenium training, you can expect a salary of nothing less than $95,000 a year. Anyone can learn Selenium. But if you are a developer or tester and have experience in programming as well as scripting in languages like C#, Java, Python, and Scala, then mastering Selenium will be a breeze for you.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, XPath, etc.
- Basics of Core Java and OOPS Concepts in Java.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN